Saturday, October 10, 2026

Do you really get those cheap prices on graphing calculators that work?

 There are 13 kiddos in the Co-op Chemistry class.  We lend out graphing calculators.  I prefer to lend TI 83 calcs; however, I haven’t found used TI 83 versions for my target price of $15 recently.  I like to buy them in lots.  Recently, there haven’t been any reasonable listings.  So, I’ve bought four or five TI 84 calcs.  I lent out two more calcs this week.  So I bid on two more.  I’m trying to have five or six on hand for labs.  Yes, these same kiddos should have their calcs with them for class.  In my experience, they don’t—especially when you really need them.  (Many Vernier sensors work with the Easy Data software loaded on TI 84s, especially the temperature sensor.)  I want to remain transparent.  Below are the two most recent invoices for graphing calcs I bought through Good Will.  Yes, I’ve tried used calcs on Amazon and eBay; those two experiments failed.  One calc had gritty keys.  I’m sticking with Good Will.  My target price for a TI 84 is $35 used.  Below are the two I just bought. (One was $35.87; I rounded up online as a small donation.  No, I don’t usually round up.  I will if it’s only a small amount.)  I was outbid on several other calcs because I estimate the total cost with shipping and handling and won’t go over more than a dollar or so.  Yes, one calc is a bargain.  The description says it will power on.   Every time, the calcs are a gamble.  So far, Good Will has delivered!




No comments:

Post a Comment