Monday, August 31, 2026

UK Resources

 Rob and I just returned from a visit to see our son stationed at a RAF base in England and my brother, who lives in Wales.  Yes, I met home-schoolers!  Our son, Fr. Josh, is a priest chaplain for the Air Force.  There are one or two Catholic home-schoolers!  It got me thinking.  Are the educational resources different in the UK?  Read about the British Education System.  I’m still suffering PTSD from my extended quarantine during COVID. Rob and I were home-schooling Paul; his daddy has a host of medical issues, which made him high risk.  Paul’s daddy is also risk-adverse.  We were locked-down for over a year.   Anything different is good.  UK education is quite different!

1. Browse these Bloomsbury Teaching Resources.  They are eclectic: Big Bad Wolf, Fallout, The Enigma Game, The Austen Girls,  and The Story of Tutankhamen.  Bloomsbury is a noted publisher.  

2. The Science Museum Group has Learning; browse the Resources, such as Baby Weighing Scales,or the Image Bank.

3.  Yes, there are freebies: London Primary TeacherUK Parliament Learning (Time Travel Bill Adventures), and BBC.

Want more?  Look at the National History Curriculum.  Start with the English Heritage Teaching Resources.  The Home Learning Help page is interesting.  Some tips are fine; others are odd.  How are you going to show understanding of any academic topic through expressive dance?  Review the Maths Curriculum.  Look over Numicon.  Put UK, England, Wales, Ireland, or Scotland in your search and see what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment